March 28, 2017
Wednesday, April 5, 2017 is a district half-day of school for teacher professional development activities, as well as the state administration of the Connecticut SAT to all juniors, from 7:30am – 11:50am. Since there will be a special schedule to accommodate testing, we wanted to offer you some opportunities to participate in a Senior Experience. There are some opportunities listed below. You are encouraged to “design your own senior experience” for approval, as well.
1. Participate in Read Aloud Activities throughout the district:
2. Senior Skate, Bennett Rink
3. Bulldog Tutors present “Making the Most of College: How to Impress Your Future Employer”
4. Volunteer with the West Haven Community House SMILES program (noon – 2:30pm) – 2-3 students
5. “The College Experience” with Counselor Maureen Gore (11:00am – 1:00pm) – 30 students
6. “Design Your Own Senior Experience”
All Senior Experience Opportunities require Pre-Registration.
If the link does not work, please copy and paste into your browser.
Seth Haley Elementary School (9:30am, 10:00am, 11:30am) – 10 students
Mackrille Elementary School (10:00am – 11:00am) – 1 students
Washington Elementary School
Carrigan Intermediate School (9:00am-10:30am) – 20 students
Senior Skate, Bennett Rink
Session 1: 8am-10am
Session 2: 10am-11:50am
Bulldog Tutors present “Making the Most of College: How to Impress Your Future Employer”
Volunteer with the West Haven Community House SMILES program (noon – 2:30pm) – 2-3 students
“The College Experience” with Counselor Maureen Gore (11:00am – 1:00pm) – 30 students
“Design Your Own Senior Experience”