Classes for the West Haven Public Schools 2023-2024 school year will begin on Monday, August 28, 2023. Please note: The first day of school will be a full day for all students. Breakfast and lunch will be served.
Free Breakfast and Lunch for All Students: All students are eligible to receive free meals as part of the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program.
Buses Service: Posted in the local paper, The Voice, or on www.whschools.org. Call the Winkle Bus representative at 203-937-4331 with any questions regarding bus routes. Guidelines for bus service based on School Board Policy #3541 (see policy on www.whschools.org).
New Student Registration: All students new to the West Haven School District should be formally registered at their incoming school. Call 203-937-4300 for information as to school assignments by home address. The district’s residency policy requires that all students, without exception, produce bona fide proof that they live in West Haven. As evidence of residency, the parent or legal guardian of each student must provide the school building administrator with the following most recent documents: Mortgage statement or lease provision, with landlord name and phone number; AND a current utility bill (phone, cell, cable, UI, gas, water).
Parents must accompany all new registrants who are under eighteen years of age. They are also required to present educational and health records obtained from the school that was previously attended.
School Schedules: On opening day (a full day of school), August 28, 2023, the school opening/closing schedule is as follows:
- Haley, Mackrille, Pagels, and Savin Rock, will admit students at 8:55 a.m. (classes start at 9:10 a.m.) and dismiss at 3:25 p.m.
- Washington Elementary Schools will admit students at 9:25 a.m. (classes start at 9:45 a.m.) and dismiss at 3:55 p.m.
- Forest Elementary School will admit students at 8:25 a.m. (classes start at 8:40 a.m.) and dismiss at 2:55 p.m.
- Carrigan Intermediate School will admit incoming fifth and sixth-grade students at 8:15 a.m. and dismiss at 2:40 p.m.
- Harry M. Bailey Middle School will admit incoming seventh and eighth-grade students at 7:40 a.m. and dismiss at 2:15 p.m.
- West Haven High School students are to report at 7:25 a.m. and will be dismissed at 1:45 p.m.
Stay Connected: For all school updates, please view our website at www.whschools.org, follow us on social media on Twitter @whschools, Facebook @westhavenpublicschoolsct, and Instagram @westhavenpublicschoolsct, and/or download our mobile app on the App Store or Google Play by searching West Haven Public Schools CT.