The Connecticut Department of Public Health has asked that we share this important information.
The Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has been working with WanaBana US, Schnucks Markets Inc. & Weis Markets to voluntarily recall certain cinnamon applesauce products due to reports of elevated levels of lead found in these products.
Affected products sold in Dollar Tree and other stores, and online at Amazon and other online outlets:
- WanaBana brand apple cinnamon fruit purée pouches
- Schnuck Market Inc. brand cinnamon-flavored applesauce pouches and variety pack
- Weis brand cinnamon applesauce pouches
What to do if you have these products in your home, or if your child has consumed these products:
- Stop using these products and discard them
- Contact your pediatrician to discuss having your child’s lead level tested
Often no obvious or immediate symptoms of lead exposure are present, but symptoms may include:
- loss of appetite
- feeling tired or irritable
- poor growth
- nausea and vomiting
- stomach pain
- joint pain and muscle weakness.
*Any questions can be directed to the Connecticut DPH Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program at (860) 509-7299.
WARNING: Recalled Cinnamon Apple Fruit Puree and Applesauce(s)
Parents with additional questions about specific products are encouraged to contact the companies:
- WanaBana at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schnucks Customer Care team at 314-994-4400 or 1-800-264-4400
- Weis Customer Service number at 866-999-9347